In Vitro Fertilization
With In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) a woman’s eggs are fertilized by sperm in a laboratory instead of inside the fallopian tube. IVF is the most advanced and effective fertility treatment available today.
An IVF Cycle Typically Includes The Following Steps:
- Medication to stimulate growth of multiple eggs
- Retrieval of eggs from the ovary or ovaries
- Insemination of eggs with sperm, fertilization. ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
- Culture (propagation of microorganisms in the lab) of any resulting fertilized eggs (embryos) for several days
- Transfer of one or more embryos into the uterus
In Some Cases, These Additional Procedures May Be Used:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) to improve the fertilization rate
- Assisted hatching of embryos to increase the chance of embryo attachment
- Embryo cryopreservation (freezing) to allow for future potential use of quality embryos
...the success we had feels like a miracle.
We are completely in love with our little babe. Suddenly tonight I got to thinking about ORM and got out of bed to send you this message. THANK YOU for doing what you do. I know there are rough days (we had a few), but the success we had feels like a miracle. It’s really a matter of incredible competence on the part of the ORM crew. Please send our regards to the doctors and everyone else. Alex will be three months old on September 23. Growing like a weed–he’s already 15 lbs! I guess you could say breast feeding is going well. ; ) Take care and best to you always! – Jeanne and Mark