2016 PORTLAND MARATHON
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2016
TRAFFIC IMPACT– ROAD CLOSURES
The 45th annual Portland Marathon will be run on Sunday October 9, 2016 beginning at 7 AM.
Traffic will be impacted throughout the day, and in some cases, certain major thoroughfares will be closed from 6:00AM to 3:00PM or later. Times are approximate and may vary by up to 30 minutes.
- Naito Pkwy. from SW. Barbur Blvd. to NW. Kittridge
- SW Barbur Blvd (Southbound traffic) – SW Hooker and SW Naito
- Salmon – from SW. Naito Pkwy. to Southwest 5th
- Couch – from NW. Naito Parkway to NW. Broadway
- 3rd – SW. Washington to SW. Madison
- SW 4th – SW Columbia to Burnside
- NW Raleigh – NW 17th to NW 24th
- NW Savier – NW 24th to NW 26th
- NW 26th – NW Savier to NW Thurman
- NW Thurman and Wardway to NW Nicolai
- NW St. Helens Road – NW Nicolai to N Kittridge,
- Hwy 30 from N Kittridge to N Bridge Ave. Southbound west lane and bike lane
- N Bridge Ave. From Hwy 30 to St. Johns Bridge Deck
- N Syracuse from St Johns Br. Deck to N Willamette Blvd.
- N Willamette Blvd. From Syracuse to N Killingsworth(reopens at approx 1:30 PM)
- N Greeley from N Killingsworth to N Interstate
- East Terminus of Broadway Br to NW Couch
- NW Couch NW Broadway to NW Naito Parkway
All listed streets are impacted by the race to a significant degree throughout the day and should be avoided:
- EASTBOUND lanes of the Broadway Bridge are CLOSED to all normal vehicular traffic from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- WESTBOUND lanes of the Broadway Bridge will remain open, NO TURNS ALLOWED TO NE Larrabee or NE Benton 07:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Access to NW Naito via NW 9th Ave. is restricted throughout the day.
- Morrison Bridge: Westbound CLOSED 6:00 to 9:00 AM. No turns at SW 2nd or SW 3rd 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Burnside Bridge CLOSED to westbound traffic between 6:30 – 8:00 AM
- St. Johns Bridge: Open to traffic in both directions.
The Marathon Course is closed to all unauthorized motor vehicles and bicycle traffic. There are NO EXCEPTIONS
WESTSIDE DOWNTOWN CORE AREA: FROM 5:00AM TO 3PM AVOID THIS AREA:
- SW 4th Ave. from SW Columbia to SW Yamhill
- SW 3rd Ave. from SW Columbia to SW Yamhill
- SW Main & SW Madison from SW 3rd to SW 5th
- SW Taylor from Naito to SW 5th from 6:00 AM to 10:00AM
- SW Taylor from Naito to SW 3rd from 10:00 AM to 8:00 pm
- SW Salmon from Naito to SW 5th
St. Johns Bridge:
- Bridge Ave. (CLOSED) from Hwy 30 to the bridge
- CLOSED to ALL vehicles and bicycles traffic from 7:00am – 1:30 pm.
- One lane each direction on the bridge will remain OPEN to traffic 7:00AM – 1:30pm.
- Bridge access will be restricted to North side Germantown Rd ramp.
- No pedestrians will be allowed to access the south sidewalk of the St. Johns Bridge from the East terminus.
- EASTBOUND – CLOSED to all traffic from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm;
- WESTBOUND OPEN to Westbound traffic only; NO TURNS ALLOWED TO
- NE Larrabee or NE Benton.
- WESTBOUND CLOSED 6:00 to 9:00 AM . No turns at SW 2nd or SW 3rd 6AM – 3PM
- Burnside: WESTBOUND lanes CLOSED 6:30 – 8:00am (Except for Tri-Met Buses)
- I-5 S/B City Center exit to Morrison Bridge – CLOSED 6:00 am – 8:45am
- I-5 N/B to Greeley St exit – CLOSED 7:00am to 2:00pm
- SW 4th – SW Salmon to NW Couch CLOSED from 6:00 am – 8:00 am
- NW Couch – NW 4th to Naito CLOSED from 6:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Broadway from the Broadway Bridge to NW Couch (Northbound lanes) SW Naito:
- CLOSED from SW Barbur to NW Kittridge 6:00am – 1:00am
- CLOSED from NW 9th to NW Couch until 11:30 am
- CLOSED SOUTHBOUND lanes from NW Couch to SW Salmon 6pm – 3pm
- NW Raleigh – NW 17th to NW 24th,
- NW 24th – NW Raleigh to NW Savier
- NW 26th – NW Savier to NW Thurman
- NW Thurman – NW 26th to Wardway and Wardway
- All CLOSED 6:30 – 11:00am
- N Willamette Blvd – N Burlington to N Greeley CLOSED 7:30am – 1:30pm
- N Greeley: Southbound CLOSED from Killingsworth to N Interstate Ave. 7:00am – 2:00 pm
- N Interstate: Southbound CLOSED from Greeley to NE Larabee7:30am – 2:30pm
- Winning Way – Larabee to Benton Closed 7:00 am – 2:30 pm;
- Benton – Winning Way to Broadway Closed 7:00 am – 2:30 pm